Sunday, July 6, 2008

About Me

Being a moderator of multiple discussion boards for Chinese visa as well as an employee of a company that frequently deals with visas for foreigners, I've been monitoring developments in visa policies and assembling success and failure stories over the past troubled months.

Instead of speculating on the why and how, this blog concentrates on what current regulations are, how they are being enforced and what the best way is to successfully arrange your stay in China.

If you have questions about specific visa types, you're welcome to use the "Ask a Question" page ; for questions or comments concerning this site in general, drop me a mail!



As Chinese visa rules are changing at the speed of light and it is close to impossible to find official press releases, I cannot guarantee for the validity of the information collected on this site.

I will do my best to keep it up to date but advise any visa applicant to get in touch with the relevant Chinese authorities to inquire about her/his specific case and the rules which might apply.


feester said...


My husband is working in Shanghai and my kids and I have a residence visa to live in China.
In the past, my husband’s company had applied for my mother’s visa. My mother has a US
passport. She has been in China on and off from 6 to 8 months for the last five years. Each time, the company had applied for an F visa. Her current F visa expires Sept 21, 2008. My husband has changed jobs within his company. The new HR group will not help my mom extend, or apply for another visa. Neither the old HR people nor the new HR people seem to know why my mom had an F visa to begin with. What options does she have? If she leaves the country to apply for a visitor L visa, must she go back to the US? Or can she go to HK, Seoul, or Taiwan?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Coeurdelion said...


I moved your post to the Ask a Question section and answered it there!

Anonymous said...

I am interested in applying for an R visa. I have several degrees (two bachelors and a masters degree). I can't seem to find any information on how I would go about this, or who I would contact?